The Friends of Hidden Valley is an independent yet important partner of the Lawrence Hidden Valley Committee.
The Mission of the Friends of Hidden Valley is to provide support to the Lawrence Hidden Valley Committee, Inc., in programs, development, maintenance and goals that promote and benefit the Hidden Valley Camp.
This support will be accomplished through gifts of time, money, endowments, and tangible items, using the following goals and action steps:
- Provide monetary assistance for maintenance, special projects & development at the site
- Accumulate funds for general use through membership donations
- Make special appeals from members for specific projects
- Appeal to local businesses for corporate donations
- Research grants for wildlife enhancement projects and other development of the camp
- Encourage members to volunteer time, physical labor or other resources at the camp.
- Invite members to attend regular and special work days at the camp, through newsletters & special mailings
- Use a web site to announce work days and needs at the camp
- Recognize and honor volunteers through the newsletter and other means, such as tree plantings, special announcements at the Annual Meeting, etc.
- Promote the value of Hidden Valley to the community at large.
- Give presentations to local clubs and organizations on the importance of Hidden Valley to the community and as wildlife habitat
- Distribute the FHV brochure and newsletters at appropriate venues
- Set up exhibits of Hidden Valley at local events such as Eagles Day Fair (winter), Home & Garden Show (spring), and other appropriate event